Bury The Death Tax
Bury the Death Tax is a project of The 60 Plus Association, a 25-year-old nonpartisan organization working for death tax repeal and advocating for seniors. The organization is also committed to saving Social Security and Medicare, affordable prescription drugs, and lowering energy costs, while adhering to less government, less taxes approach and the Constitution. 60 Plus draws from the support of more than 7 million activists and has been called “an increasingly influential senior citizen’s group” and the alternative to the AARP. Visit burythedeathtax.com or click the link below to sign the petition!
- The Death Tax punishes grieving family members following the death of a loved one.
- The Death Tax hurts family farms, ranches and small businesses, and the communities in which they provide jobs.
- The narrative promoted by U.S. Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) and others that this is a tax cut for the rich is heartless and unfounded.
- Abolishing the Death Tax will help preserve small, family-owned businesses that cannot afford pricy estate planning lawyers.
- The Death Tax hurts job creation and economic growth
- Many rural families have assets tied up in tracts of land that have been in the same family for generations, and they should not be forced by the government to sell their land to pay this tax because of a death in the family.